Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rested!

Aaah. Today I just stayed in and rested. Slept a lot and listened to music.
I need to learn some new songs for karaoke. ;)

Yesterday we went to Kyoto, Arashiyama with Sakos boyfriend Yacchan and friend Kayo.
It was great! Arashiyama is so beautiful. It's below the mountains with a river running through. We hired a couple of boats and went rowing in the river. It's been a long time since I rowed a boat but I'm pretty good at it, and fast! lol
We walked through a bamboo forest and visited some temples and shrines.
I got a really good fortune at a shrine.
It said I'll meet the person I've been waiting for and my diseases will be cured. :D
I wanna believe it!

On Monday we went shopping and I finally bought a yukata. And I we went to the Suntory Yamazaki whisky distillery! Went on a guided tour and then got to taste the 12 year old Yamazaki whisky. It was really fun. I got a little tipsy. lol
I bought some whisky for my dad and the yummiest whisky cake ever!
Aah, I kinda wanna go back for another round. lol
I think I'll keep buying this whisky when I get home. And drink with sentimental nostalgia. lol

And last Sunday we went to Kyoto, met Sakos friend Mahou and saw Okuribi! It's the finally of Obon when the spirits are sent back to heaven. We saw all five fires! Daimonji was awesome. I was so happy and felt very lucky that I got to see it! Earlier that day we saw Kinkakuji. So beautiful! The whole area is super beautiful. Japanese really have the best sense for beauty I think.

And I guess it was Tuesday we went to Nara with Sakos friends Yuriko and Chiakki.
Nara park is huuuuuuge and there's deer averywhere. They're completely used to people and tame enough to pet. They're very beautiful animals.
We saw the huge bronze Buddha in Todaiji. There are some extremely beautiful temples and places there and the park is amazing. Anyone who is interested in Japan should go there!

Tomorrow I'm going with Mahou to her familys shrine in Kyoto. Obata jinja.
I want to learn more about shinto so I'll ask her to teach me. He family owns the shrine and the men of the family are priests.
Mahou has many swedish friends and has studied swedish. :D

I am amazed at how many people I've met that have visited Sweden. I really hope Sako will come visit me when I'm home again. And she can bring all her friends and her boyfriend! :D

Sako has been so amazing to me and shown me so much already. I'm so happy I came here and a bit sad I'll be leaving in a week. :./
At the same time I kind of miss Tokyo. I feel more at home there I guess. Since I've been there so many times.
If I'm lucky maybe I can stay with Kayo in Asakusa. She was really great to.
Wow, I've met so many great people here!
I am lucky.

I hope Tokyo will be as nice to me as Kanto has been.
But I have a week left and lots more to see!
I should probably go to Osaka again but honestly I didn't like it that much.
Feels just like a big city with not much to really see.
I guess it's great for shopping though. I want to go back to a store we went to and buy some more stuff there.

Ok.
I gotta sleep.

Oyasumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment