Friday, August 14, 2009

Ok, time for an update!

Since I'm not deadly tired today here's an update on what I've done so far!

When I got to Kyoto, Sakurako met me in the train station and then we went straight to Uji to see a big fireworks display!
I was really tired but it was great. I've never seen fireworks that huge and many. I think it was for like 2 hours too. Amazing!

Then we went to Sakurakos house. She lives in Takatsuki that's right in between Kyoto and Osaka. It's great and her parents are so nice. ^^
I've even got my own room with aircon, tv and stereo! It's really like a luxury hotel. lol

I slept for a long time that night.

Next day we went shopping in Kyoto. I bought alot of cool clothes. I really like japanese fashion.
Sizes haven't been a problem so far either. I'm realizing that I'm not so fat anymore. lol

Keeping my diet/lifestyle isn't as har as I thought either. But I feel like I'm being troublesome sometimes because I don't eat rice and bread. I've eaten hamburgers a couple of times. Just not the bread. But eating in an izakaya is really good cuz I can just order all sorts of meat and fish. :D

Yesterday we went to an izakaya with Sakurakos friends. 1 gork and three guys. It was really fun! A couple of them could speak english. I also met Sakurakos boyfriend. He was nice and good at singing. We wen't to karaoke after the izakaya. ^^
I impressed with my japanese song skills and my enka singing. lol
I love karaoke! :D
The guys wen't crazy and pulled their shirts off for the last song. XD
I took photos of course. ;D

Today we went shopping in Osaka. It was really crowded and felt huge. I bought some supercute shoe accesories. Like clip on shoe ornaments. Then we were looking for a swedish cafe where Sakurakos friend works but we couldn't find it. We were super hungry and looked for a place to eat for probably an hour. Finally we decided on an izakaya and we found a really nice one.
I love japanese izakaya food! Meat, meat and more meat. Lots of fat left on the meat too. :D

Tomorrow we're going to the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
I'll probably buy lots of stuff there. I love japanese handicraft. Everything is so beautiful. Japanese people have the best sense of aesthetics in the world I think.

It's soon time to buy a Yukata too. I've been looking for one but it's been hard to find a really nice one. The good thing is they're on sale now. ^^

I'd like to upload pics but I don't have a usb cable for my cam with me. I could easily buy one though. Maybe I'll do that. I already bought a new battery for my cam. Good to have two. ^^

I don't think I'll go to Okinawa. If I'm going there I should go some other time when it's less expensive. Now it's high season so plane tickets are expensive. I'd rather spend my money on a yukata this year. And I still don't know if I'll have to get a hotel in Tokyo. :/
I sent some couchsurfing requests but it's difficult to surf when I don't know what exact dates I want to stay.

But it'll work out somehow. ^^

Now it's time for bed.

Oyasumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment