Friday, August 27, 2010

Tea.

As you may or may not know, I love tea.
I'm becoming quite a snob or maybe a nerd. lol


Since I've been taking a couple of trips to Stockholm lately, I've been shopping tea in The Tea Centre Of Stockholm. It's a famous tea shop and they have great asian tea. I've been shopping from them online since last year but it's always nice to visit the real shop.
I'm always looking for a good Sencha and they have that! The most I find in other places are pretty bad and smelling too much like hay or some other herbs.
In the shop I bought Japanese Secha, Bai Mu Dan (Chinese white tea), Jasmin Pearl Mountain, Green Cherry, Shui Hsien Oolong and Söderblandning (the shops own famous blend), and a can of maccha.

I've also been trying some Yogi Tea. I love the Black Chai and the Choco Aztec Spice!
So yummy to drink with milk. It's like a dessert. I don't put any sugar in it. I don't think it needs it.
I like to take some cream in my oolong but all the green teas I never put cream, milk or sugar in.

Blends can be ok but I think they're often full of artificial flavours. I prefer drinking just pure tea.
I don't really consider the cheap tea bags (Lipton, Twinnings e.t.c) to be real tea. I'm so snobby. lol
Also I would never buy Lipton because it's owned by Unilever.

It's amazing how different tea can taste. Even if it's all from the same plant, depending on where it's grown and how it's processed after picking, it tastes so different. That's what I think is interesting about tea. If you're interested about learning more about tea, I recommend this great book (in Swedish). Te - från Sencha till Lapsang - Petter Bjerke, Vernon Mauris

I often go drink some great chinese tea at Mälarchoclaterie. They also have amazing chocolate. I love that shop.

At home I alway use my beautiful little tea pot that I bought in Japan for green tea. I like looking around in second hand shops for small tea pots. I almost never use big ones since the tea leaves can be brewed 2-3 times.
I would like to buy a plain glass pot and an unglazed clay pot. Tea pots can be pretty expensive so I'm always happy to find one second hand. I have a nice little collection now.
Some of my tea pots and my favourite cup.


 Wow, long post about tea. I guess that proves what a nerd I am. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment